Trilogy Commercial Real Estate can help you find medical space that best suits your needs for lease or sale. We are local experts who know the medical office market extremely well and will represent all your interests to ensure the perfect location with the best terms and rates available.
Need Help Finding Medical Space For Lease or Sale?
To get started, fill out our form or call (602) 291-5195
The difference between general office and medical office space in Phoenix might be minimal, but it is no less critical. Health-care professionals demand special space that meets unique needs. Trilogy Commercial Real Estate helps you navigate the Phoenix medical office market by utilizing its local market expertise to find the best space available. From analyzing an existing lease to handling lease negotiations on a new space, our insight and market contacts pave the way for a smooth transaction.
Considerations When Leasing Medical Space
In addition to the typical concerns involved in finding office space, the health-care professional should closely examine key items before signing a new lease. Issues like exclusivity and build-out are integral to the success of any health-care practice. Many considerations should be scrutinized. A few of those are as follows:
- Push for exclusivity. While it’s not always an option – especially in larger office buildings – many health-care professionals can and should ask a landlord for exclusivity during negotiations. In turn, a landlord cannot lease nearby space to a rival health-care practice within the same specialty during the lease term.
- Prioritize additional build-out allowance. Build-out expenses for medical offices typically run higher than those for general office use. Since the improvements would stay in place even after you exit a lease, it is beneficial to argue for a larger tenant build-out allowance.
- Don’t just look at rent. Options, lease length, maintenance fees, and repair responsibilities are just some of the concerns that should be negotiated.
- Make sure the space fits your needs. Many health-care professionals fall into the trap of leasing a space that doesn’t match their customer needs (i.e., inadequate waiting room space). Your layout should be functional both for the practice and its patients.
- Study your location needs. Proximity to patient base, hospitals, other doctors, and highway access, as well as building visibility, parking, and relationships with neighboring practices, all have an essential role to play in the future success of your business.
Matt Bustamante is a rockstar commercial agent. I was referred to him by a client and right from the start he went above and beyond to accommodate my husband and I finding a perfect location for our business. He negotiated until he got us the best price and added in many perks. Matt has continued to contact us even a year after finding and closing on the property. He’s always been there to help with any questions we may have. We highly recommend his services and we will use him again in finding our next location for Beauty Lounge BarApril LeeBeauty Lounge Bar
I used Matt to help us relocate our Executive Search business in Chandler. He took the time to really understand what we were looking for in a new office. He showed us several offices that fit our criteria and was able to secure the perfect location. He educated us on every aspect of the lease and negotiated the best possible deal. We could not be happier with his service.Sean EggartChief Executive Officer, Hanna Shea Executive Search
Matthew has been my agent on a few different occasions. His efforts have always landed me exactly where I needed to be. After locating a property, the value he adds in negotiations and getting what I wanted in contracts far exceeds any agent I have ever used. He thinks of the items in a contract that most people overlook which truly adds to the profits at the end of the lease term. He is for his client 100% and I would not even think about using anybody else on my commercial lease opportunities in the future.Josh MannValley Metro Equipment