Trilogy Commercial Real Estate can help you find the best retail space for lease or purchase. We are local experts who know the retail market well and will represent your best interests and find you the most appropriate space. We will ensure you get the lowest lease or purchase rates with the best terms possible.
Need Help Finding Retail Space for Lease or Purchase?
To get started, fill out our form or call (602) 291-5195
Finding the perfect retail space can be tough to find on your own; however, whether you are a start-up, an existing retailer, looking to relocate or open additional locations, we can help. We have helped many businesses and franchises find shops, storefronts, and restaurant space in and around the Phoenix metro area. We have an efficient process of helping you find the best locations and will ensure that you are involved, well informed, and properly represented at all times.
Considerations When Leasing Retail Space
Investigate traffic patterns – Find out who the previous tenant was, and why the business left. Does the location do any marketing to support its tenants? Are co-operative marketing funds available to you?
Study your customers – Where do they live, work and shop? Demographic information from your local library, Chamber of Commerce, or Census Bureau can help you analyze the best location for your business.
Follow the rules – Study all policies and procedures in regard to signage, zoning, planning, hours of operation, and common area usage before signing a lease.
Know your competition and neighbors – Nearby retail can help or hinder your business. Make sure your neighbors are retail or otherwise complement your own business.
Cheaper isn’t necessarily better – Inexpensive means it may have a track record of business failure or low foot traffic.
Consider all costs involved – Who pays for maintenance and repairs? How much are the utilities? How much will it cost to build the space out? Also, some landlords require that you pay a percentage of sales in addition to your monthly lease payment.
Get an ally in your corner – As your Tenant Representative, Trilogy Commercial Real Estate can facilitate your needs, from the initial search to executing a lease.
- Push for exclusivity. While it’s not always an option – especially in larger retail centers – retail tenants can and should ask a landlord for exclusivity during negotiations. In turn, a landlord cannot lease nearby space to a rival tenant with the same use during the term of the lease.
- Prioritize additional build-out allowance. Build-out expenses for retail vary dramatically depending on use. Since the improvements would stay in place even after you exit a lease, it is beneficial to argue for a large tenant build-out allowance.
- Don’t just look at rent. Options, lease length, maintenance fees, and repair responsibilities are just some of the concerns that should be negotiated.
- Make sure the space fits your needs. Many business owners fall into the trap of leasing a space that doesn’t match their customer needs. Your layout should be functional both for the owner and the customers.
- Study your location needs. Proximity to customer base, traffic pattern, competitors, and highway access should all be considered. Other key factors are visibility, parking, and relationships with neighboring businesses. These all have an essential role in the future success of your business.
Matt Bustamante is a rockstar commercial agent. I was referred to him by a client and right from the start he went above and beyond to accommodate my husband and I finding a perfect location for our business. He negotiated until he got us the best price and added in many perks. Matt has continued to contact us even a year after finding and closing on the property. He’s always been there to help with any questions we may have. We highly recommend his services and we will use him again in finding our next location for Beauty Lounge BarApril LeeBeauty Lounge Bar
I used Matt to help us relocate our Executive Search business in Chandler. He took the time to really understand what we were looking for in a new office. He showed us several offices that fit our criteria and was able to secure the perfect location. He educated us on every aspect of the lease and negotiated the best possible deal. We could not be happier with his service.Sean EggartChief Executive Officer, Hanna Shea Executive Search
Matthew has been my agent on a few different occasions. His efforts have always landed me exactly where I needed to be. After locating a property, the value he adds in negotiations and getting what I wanted in contracts far exceeds any agent I have ever used. He thinks of the items in a contract that most people overlook which truly adds to the profits at the end of the lease term. He is for his client 100% and I would not even think about using anybody else on my commercial lease opportunities in the future.Josh MannValley Metro Equipment